Thursday, July 1, 2010

1 month on the wait list...

We marked 1 month on the waitlist for a referral of a 0-24 month old girl on Monday of this week.  Man, how time flies!  We've had a very busy 4 weeks.  A long weekend trip from Grandma and Grandpa (Lightvoet) and then 3 days later a long weekend trip from Grammy and PapPap.  Last week was VBS and as much as I look forward to that week (and I really, really do!), I also look forward to it being over.  We had 250 kids enrollled and even better, had 25 kids give their lives to Jesus for the first time.  Man alive, do I feel honored to have been a small part of that moment!  VBS is like aerobics on steroids for me - because I lead all the worship for the preschool and elementary kids during the week, I knew I would need to be in some good shape so I joined Dustin for 3 weeks before VBS doing P90X and I am sooo glad I did.  That workout is intense and of course, in true form, I wasn't able to keep up the discipline of it for very long - of course, Dustin - my amazingly disciplined husband, still is doing it without fail 6 days a week and that man is getting ripped!!  He looks terrific and I am proud of the work he's put into getting in shape.  If I just had a tenth of the discipline he has, I'd be in great shape!  Anyway, once VBS family night ended we had a fun weekend of parties and now, this week, the kids and I have done a lot of absolutely nothing...   At our house, nothing includes pajamas until 10, swimming in the pool, reading (and math for Trent - I KNOW that is his idea of summer vacation;) playing wii with neighborhood kids, reading blog updates and playing board games.  This has been a good week. 
Dustin and I are starting to think about how to decorate Penny's room and I am getting so excited about that.  I adore decorating kids rooms - I'm not a huge fan of decorating adult rooms (must be the kid in me!) but give me a child's room to get creative in and I go crazy!  6 months ago I thought I was done decorating kids' rooms for quite some time, because both Trent and Kate's rooms were just recently finished.  But God had different plans.  And Dustin has been so sweet the last few days, talking to me about themes and colors and furniture. He is such doting Daddy and I know he just can't wait to cuddle his new little girl and give her the world.  I am one blessed woman and our kids have such a terrific daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment