Thursday, June 9, 2011

Dearest Amaye

Amaye (Ethiopian language of Amheric for "my mother")

Yesterday you said goodbye...

You gave life

You
        are
              generous of spirit

You
       chose
               Joy over sadness

And you are strong of heart

A picture received of you full of admiration for the daughter you gave birth to...

You continue to give

But
        I can only imagine
                  the pain hidden behind the smile

And I am humbled

Today I want to honor you, Amaye.  I pray and weep over the sacrifices you are making on behalf of your baby girl and we will cherish her with every ounce of ourselves, just as you have.  We will honor you on June 8th every year: remembering the moment you said goodbye to your baby girl for the last time...

"Let the morning bring [you] word of [God's] unfailing love... Show [her] the way she should go, for to you [she] lifts up [her] soul."  Psalm 144:8

I pray this for you today, Amaye - words of promise from your God and King:

"I cry aloud to the Lord;
I lift up my voice to the Lord for mercy.
I pour out complaint before him;
before him I tell my trouble.
When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way...
I cry to you, O Lord;
I say, "You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living.
Listen to my cry, for I am in desperate need.
Then the righteous will gather about me because of your goodness to me."  -Psalm 142

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said...you are a precious representation of Christ in this process. Continuing to pray for you as you close in on bringing Penny home. We love you and celebrate with you! The Kush's

    ReplyDelete